In this assignment, you are required to complete the following
questions. You will share your answer to one or more of the questions
with your classmates. Everyone will be required to share their answer
Be sure to comment on and /or question at least two of your
- Draw FBDs for the following situations:
- a skydiver beginning her fall
- a skydiver as her chute opens
- a skydiver in mid-air with chute open
- a book that has been thrown now sliding across the floor to
- a painting hung on the wall supported by a nail
- a bird feeder tied to a tree branch with a rope
- a large helium balloon floating in the air and firmly
attached to the ground with a cable
- For each of the following forces, indicate an equal force (in
magnitude or size) but opposite in direction.
- 2.5 N [S]
- 34 N [Down]
- 125 N [right]
- 3 N [E]
- Is the direction of net force always in the direction of motion?
- Find the resultant of the following forces.
- 34 N [E] + 20 N [W]
- 7.0 N [S] + 2.5 N [S]
- 45 N [left] + 45 N [right]
- Find or develop a question in which you are required to draw a
free-body diagram and quantitatively determine the net force. Fully
solve this question.
Unless otherwise indicated, all images in this activity are from
the public domain or are © clipart.com or Microsoft clipart and
are used with permission.
This is a disclaimer. External Resources will open in a new window. Not
responsible for external content.